Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Reallly am back--please read why the delay.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!   There is a reason, and a good one for not being on here when I said that I was back.  Just bear with me:)

Well, I think I mentioned that I was going on a cruise.  It wasn't great, and Sandy cut it short a day on the beginning.  We've been on about 8 cruises, and we're not fussy people, but all around, it just wasn't that enjoyable.

It was kind of rough, which never bothers me.  I'm usually one of the only ones on this ship that doesn't have to take anything.  I love rolling up and down and listing from side to side. Call me a dizzy broad!

Anyway, we got off the cruise on a Thursday and decided to stay in Charleston for a couple days.  On Saturday, I had a hint of sea legs and a flash of dizziness.  I figured that it was from being on a ship for a few days--you know, sea legs.

Well, for the next two weeks, the flash of dizziness turned into me barely being able to walk around the house without falling on a couch or something.  I had an upcoming appointment with my Oncologist, so I figured I'd wait. I mean, I have had a lot of ear/sinus infections over the years, with a couple surgeries in there.  But, I wasn't having any pain--just a slight sinus pressure that didn't indicate an infection.

By the time my appointment came on Monday morning, I was so dizzy, obviously, that I couldn't drive.  So, my husband came to the appt. with me.  Normal.

So, after talking to the doctor, who is very much loved by us, by the way, she looked long and hard in my ears.  She didn't see anything that would be causing dizziness. So, she said, "I'm going to send you for an MRI just to make sure."  I knew she was concerned--I could see this in her face.

We went right over to the hospital (about 2 minutes away) and I had a brain MRI.  We drove home and with in a half hour, the Oncology nurse called me.  I asked her if it was Brain Mets (Metastasis).  She didn't answer right away, but asked if my husband was with me.  I said yes, and she said it was and asked if we could come in right away.  We did.  There are 4 lesions (tumors, but called lesions when it's the secondary cancer).  However, one is in the Brain Stem, and that's the scary one.

So, the journey you started with me is going to change.  I hope you continue to take my journey with me, follow my path, lead me to insight, and lead others.


No comments:

Post a Comment